As I am giving a workshop on progressive enhancement, see the fronteers site for details. I will start with giving some general information in the run up to august 18th.
- Understanding Progressive Enhancement
- designing with progressive enhancement, building the web that works for everyone
- What is Progressive Enhancement and Why Should You Care?
- Progressive Enhancement Techniques 1: the HTML
- Progressive Enhancement and Data Visualizations
- Progressive Enhancement: What It Is, And How To Use It?
- The Theory and Practice of Progressive Enhancement
- Progressive Enhancement 101: Overview and Best Practices
- Building an Ajax Application with Progressive Enhancement
One thing that is strange about this whole subject is that you can find people writing about it 10 years ago or even longer. Nobody is saying much new in general principle and still it is not being done a whole lot, this PE thing. As I will try to teach people, with PE nobody gets left behind, you can have your cake and eat it too. Maybe some day we will all try and make the web for everyone again...